Friday, May 11, 2012

Google+ and Personal results now in Google Search Results

personal google search Google+ and Personal results now in Google Search Results
Here is what Google returned as a search result when I was logged into my account and performed a search for Don Wiggins. You can see it states that my Google Plus profile is only 85% complete and displays an “Update your profile” button after displaying my last Google+ post that I posted just moments before. Also you can see a link below my search query that shows “Personal results” that offers 200 items.

personal google search2 Google+ and Personal results now in Google Search Results
After updating my profile, and performing the same search for Don Wiggins, Google now displays “Thank you for completing your profile” and still displays an update your profile button. The result also displays my details from my from my profile and takes up most of the visible screen.

personal google search3 Google+ and Personal results now in Google Search ResultsOn my third search attempt, I only had to type in Don and Google auto completed my Google+ profile along with two other search results. So logged in to my Google account, Google search results are forcing social results with out clicking the link to “Personal results”.  On a side note, I’m glad Don Quixote is not alive to read this post, he might be a bit pissed off at it.

personal google search4 Google+ and Personal results now in Google Search Results
I wanted to see what the results were when I was not logged in and from another city. It displays my Facebook profile first and does not have my Google Plus profile until the bottom of the first page. This is exactly how Google search looked prior to the changes.

I’m going to continue to follow this and see how this effects my search results for brands and products. This is all very interesting and I would imagine there is a bunch of coffee being consumed in SEO companies meeting rooms this morning planning out how this effects their clients.

+Don Wiggins

Tags: Google, Google Plus, Search, SEO, social

This entry was posted on January 13, 2012 at 8:10 am and is filed under Business, Google, Social. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment